Thursday, January 30, 2014

~thrifty thursday~{fabric scrap garland}

Recently my mom gave me a bag filled with vintage fabrics.


I was in the middle of making a different project with them {which I will share shortly} and decided to make a garland for Valentine's Day.
These are so easy, kids can make them. I feel silly even doing a tutorial. Basically you just tear strips of varying widths and lengths of fabric.
I also used some lace trim and ribbon on mine.



You can use any material for base. Twine, ribbon, cording. I had leather cording on hand, so that is what I used. I
tied it from one kitchen cupboard handle to one a few feet down and started randomly tying pieces on.



You can make it as full or as sparse as you'd like.
I made mine pretty full.





And there you have it!
xoxo

10 comments:

Ann said...

You have given me inspiration this morning, I just used some scraps yesterday to practice on some buttonholes I'm making. I will now use it to make this darling garland. I have white kitchen cabinets--will look so cute.
Ann

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I've been seeing these - too cute! I'm guessing it took a while? Great fabrics and color choices.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh how I love these ! All the fabric looks great together.

Ashley C. said...

Cute! I always forget about these when prepping for parties - but they're so easy! Thanks for the inspiration (again). :)

vintage girl at heart said...

oh la la love it! always inspiring!

Michelle said...

So cute!! I love the idea. That would be adorable in a nursery or kids room. Fun idea.

Heather Salazar said...

very cute!

Heather

Teddee Grace said...

Looks really cute but I'd like to see it straight on and from further back.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Love!

Carla said...

Sew cute and simple. ;o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...